As well as recharging while on holidays do you, like me also like to cross a few items off the ‘someday’ list?
Here are seven financial wellbeing actions you may have been putting off that are worth finally getting around to doing this holiday period.
- Set up a new account and automated savings plan for a meaningful goal that inspires you. With new habits momentum is more important than magnitude, so start with a goal and amount that you are willing and able to sustain.
- Increase your regular loan repayment so you can be debt-free sooner.
- Set up a compartmentalised bank account structure (‘buckets’) to make it harder to overspend on impulses.
- Create a thorough plan to afford a life that lights you up (a budget). This will help you compartmentalise your accounts well.
- Set up an automated expense tracking app (e.g. Money Brilliant) to help you stick to the plan. This will also help you create a realistic budget.
- Book a meeting with a mortgage broker to ensure you have a great home loan interest rate.
- Book an intro meeting with a financial planner to ensure you’re financially healthy long term
Savvy bonus action
- Book a free intro meeting with me to get help with the above and more
Free Budget Planning Spreadsheet
To help you get started on the above steps complete your details below to receive a fully editable budgeting template that you can make your own.
You will also receive my weekly educational newsletter.