About Matt Hern
I’m passionate about helping people afford a life that lights them up!
I have 20 years of experience guiding people in achieving their goals, working as both a Certified Financial Planner practitioner and now money coach.
Clients I’ve advised have achieved goals such as being mortgage-free by age 40, working part-time while raising their family, pursuing dreams to start their own businesses and quitting working fly-in-fly-out (FIFO).
As a former engineer, I have an affinity to supporting people in resources and construction to improve their financial wellbeing and afford their goals.
What makes my approach different is that I blend social science with personal finance to help you stress less and get more happiness from your money.
In a way, I’m like a personal trainer for your financial fitness.
I aim to support you to:
- Feel more confident and in control of your money
- Get out of debt faster
- Afford your goals sooner
After all, it’s not about the money it’s about living a life you love.
I am a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) professional with over 20 years’ experience advising clients across all life stages. CFP® is the highest level of financial planning certification available in Australia.
Additionally, I have:
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons)
- Certificate in Life Coaching
- Standard Mental Health First Aid
Through my career, I have received several awards including:
- National AMP Advice competition winner, 2016
- State Value of Advice co-awardee, Charter Financial Planning, 2014
- Three times awarded as a Top 50 Financial Adviser in the AFR Smart Investor Masterclass
I am dedicated to continuing my education and professional improvement and am a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA).